World’s longest suspension bridge to open in Czech Republic. It would be the longest construction in the world to be inaugurated in a mountain resort in the Czech Republic.
The bridge connects about two mountain ridges in the region. It is about 721-meter long bridge with an altitude of over 1100 meters above sea level. Also, it rises 95 meters above the valley.
World’s Longest Suspension Bridge In Czech Republic
It is the world’s longest Suspension bridge in the history of construction. Name of the bridge is Sky Bridge 721. It is located in the north-east of the country, at a distance of some 200 kilometers east of Prague.
However, the last and longest bridge before this was Arouca, Portugal which was about 516 meters long.
The Sky Bridge is about 154 meters longer than Nepal’s Baglung Parbat Footbridge. Interestingly, that was holding the Guinness World Record for the longest suspension Footbridge.
About The Sky Bridge 721
- This is the longest Suspension bridge of the time.
- The Sky Bridge took two years to complete.
- Cost of this bridge has been around CZK200 million ($8.3 million).
- Visitors will have a one-way walk to the bridge.
- However, the other side is more exciting for the visitors. They can step on a paved pathway in a forest where they will get to know about Czech history.
- Also, there is a 1.2-meter-wide bridge to connect with the vacation resort. That is open to children of all ages and heights.
- The Sky Bridge 721 takes about a 2.5-hour drive from Prague.